Friday, July 29, 2011
Tuesday, July 26, 2011
- Spending time with veterans;
- Painting and landscaping at schools;
- Cleaning up area parks;
- Sorting food and feeding the hungry;
- Restoring 9/11 memorials;
- And more!
Friday, July 22, 2011
An Elijah House Video Teaching Series Featuring Sandra Sellmer Kersten
Saturday, August 13, 2011
So many people experience trauma every day. Trauma that sinks into the soul and causes core wounding that can affect a person's life far more than most are aware of. In this series, Sandra's heart is to do more than put
band-aids on people who are bleeding to death emotionally. She believes that we all need to learn how to minister to trauma. These teachings focus on helping people overcome trauma and discover who God always intended for them
This is a one-day seminar in which we will be viewing a selection of videos, followed by a time of prayer for healing trauma.
*Date: *Saturday, August 13, 2011
*Time:* 10:30 a.m. ˆ 4:30 p.m.
*Place:* Venue TBD
*Cost:* $20 (includes seminar guide); a freewill offering will also be
collected on the day of the seminar
*Registration deadline:* August 4, 2011
Register here: http://findinghomem
- The Many Faces of Trauma
- The Devastating Effects of Trauma
- The Trauma of Unmet Need
Friday, July 15, 2011
This fall, there will be an opportunity to begin a lay theological education program at First Baptist, Education for Ministry (EfM). The four-year curriculum covers Old Testament, New Testament, Church History, and Theological Choices. The format is a weekly seminar that meets from September to June. The program utilizes academic study, theological reflection, and worship, which allow participants to grow theologically, as well as, learn what it means to be effective ministers in the world. There is an annual fee of $350.00 for materials and administration. An informational meeting will be held July 11 following worship in the Conference Room. If you have questions or want additional information, contact Ellen Parkhurst at 703.578.1862 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Information is also available athttp://www.Sewanee.edu//EFM.
Thursday, July 14, 2011
- 10th grade male
This year, Urban Hands will be from August 7-13, and Care Company is requesting volunteer hours from the body of Christ to make it a success. To sign up, click
Most Needed Volunteer Positions:
1) Breakfast/Lunch Volunteers: (6:30-8:00 am) You would be responsible for setting out all of the breakfast food for breakfast starting and also preparing and packing all of the lunches for the youth to take to the service projects. "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."(2 Thess. 3:10) So then if they are working hard they should get some grub! Help keep the tired, hungry workers fed! You can help out once or every day.
2) Shower Drivers: (3:30-5:15 pm): We need driver volunteers to transport groups of youth to and from WCF and the pool where they will be showering. This requires that you have a car available to use. “For we are to God the aroma of Christ”(2 Cor. 2:15) and hopefully not an aroma of anything else! Help be the reason all the teens can get cleaned up before dinner. You can help out once or every day.
3) Evening games (8:30-10:15pm).Take the youth to play games at a nearby park (usually capture the flag or soccer) to get out any remaining energy before heading to bed!
Again, to volunteer for Urban Hands on any day from August 7-13, click here.Last year's Urban Hands was a great success. Many thanks to the volunteers. Let our prayers be with the youth of the DC area this summer.