Members of the D.C. Baptist Convention are needed to serve as volunteers for the upcoming National Gathering of American Baptist Youth (Immerse Conference). If you have a heart to serve, then this is your opportunity to bless those coming to the D.C. metropolitan area.
Volunteers are needed in the following areas for a two-hour (or more) shift:
• Registration (July 22 – 24, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.): Help stuff bags in preparation for registration, man tables during registration, and help students unload busses (July 24).
• Mission Team Leaders (July 25, 27; 8 a.m. – 2 p.m.): Ride with or meet groups at mission sites, and serve as a local point of contact for mission sites.
• Health Team (July 24 – 27, 3 p.m. – midnight): On-call doctors, nurses, EMT to assist with basic medical needs of participants.
• Safety & Security Team (July 24 – 27, 7 p.m. – midnight): Help monitor campus during free/recreation times, serve as ushers during worship services and assist with recreation activities as needed.
• Prayer Walk Leaders (July 26, 12 p.m. – 5 p.m.): Serve as Prayer Walk guides, serve as prayer timekeepers, make sure students get the items needed to carry out the action step at the Monument location, and serve as water/first aid station monitors.
To sign up for a shift or two, please contact Lashanor Doolittle at 202.265.1526, ext. 203 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
John Marienau Turpin
3 Strands Community Church,